Dear investors, partners, supporters and friends,
a lot has happened since the year started and in the following update I will briefly inform you of the major developments.
We have secured a commercial use agreement with our largest supplier, ThermoFisherScientific. This will allow us to use components from Thermo inside out IVD Kits whilst using our own brand name.
We have found an exiting new market for our tuberculosis product: latent tuberculosis. Did you know that an estimated 25% of the world population is suspected to be latently infected with tuberculosis, and that the disease might break out at anytime, particularly in case of immunosuppression? We spent time conducting expert interviews in the field and building a business model surrounding this new application.
After securing the commercial agreement with our supplier we have fixed the supply chain and manufacturing processes. We have selected the packaging and are preparing a pilot batch production. You can see a picture of the full kit in the post header.
We have created a stand-alone version of the software for local installation independent of network access. This will enable to support customers without broadband internet as well as customers that keep patient data in a network separate from the interenet. This is also the version that is planned to undergo certification.
We have generated plenty of data for the technical validation of our tuberculosis assay. Formal analytical performance evaluation will start in a few weeks. In particular key results with regards to level of detection and performance are expected very soon.
We have applied for several grants: Eurostars, Uni Bern Post-Doc grant and Wellcome Discovery award with a total grant volume of EUR 500k.
We also secured more funding from our existing investors to finance the production and marketing of our products. We are grateful of their continuing support.